The headline above is a phrase I must have uttered, thought and vented a few hundred times during my tenure as Web and Digital Media Officer working for a local Scottish Council.
With web content and all social media channels my main remit – I was used to dealing with members of the public – something I wasn’t used to was the abuse – the fairly constant drip of negative (and sometimes really nasty or offensive) comments on Facebook and Twitter.
As an avid user of social media personally – I’m also (at times) negative about bad customer service – tweeting my fury or telling my friends on Facebook to avoid a brand I had a bad experience with. I could deal with and empathise with this – but it usually went a few steps further – the trolls came out to play.
The message is lost when you do it all the time!
- You pen pushers. . .
- It’s raining outside – Why are you gritting?
- Is this what MY council tax is used for?
- I pay your wages!
- As a parent. . .
- The gritting on our roads is a DISGRACE!
- Is this why we pay road tax?
- If I was in charge I would. . .
- Typical council…
- You pen pushers. . .What do you even mean? – I am using a keyboard and I am tapping – have never ‘pushed a pen’
- It’s raining outside – Why are you gritting? You are not the Met Office, nor are you speaking for the whole of the 4,732 km² surface of the Borders area. Cheers for the outside your window weather report though! Good to know the minutae of your archaic little world.
- Is this what MY council tax is used for? Yes- yes it is. And for staff nights out.
- I pay your wages! O.K. you technically do as I am a public servant, but you’re not the boss of me!
- As a parent. . . Just because the sperm got to the egg – doesnt mean you have carte blanche to use those 3 words at the start of your sentence then proceed to be extremely offensive. Stop labelling yourself – leave that up to me – you GOON.
- The gritting on our roads is a DISGRACE! Sorry I didn’t read that comment – it contained the most over-used whining word – DISGRACE- it actually makes my blood run cold – especially when used at the end – disgrace!!!!!
- Is this why we pay road tax? Erm no it isn’t as nobody pays road tax – its called vehicular excise duty nowadays and the money is sent straight to the government.
- If I was in charge I would. . .What?! You would what?! Make an utter hash of it as you appear to have done throughout your entire adult life as displayed on your OPEN Facebook page?!
I could go on – and on – as I said – I like to whine too.
Moral of this little story-tale – have context to your complaint – being angry at an organisation and then punishing everyone that works for it will not help your cause – it just makes you look like a bit of a dick. You my little troll are a DISGRACE.